Hi! My name is Audrena Furman I graduated from Plymouth State University in 2008. This is my third year working at Stocks and I am loving it! Before Stocks I taught third grade in Rocky Mount and was a Pre-K teacher and childcare Director in New Hampshire for 5 years. I live in Bethel with my roommates and three dogs.
I have really been enjoying teaching at Stocks and learning all about the Leader in Me program. It is amazing to see how much the students here embrace the program.
Parents please feel free to contact me with any questions of concerns.
A few notes about our classroom:
- Homework: Homework is sent home every Monday in your child's homework folder and journal. Homework is due on Fridays. In addition students should be reading every night for 20 minutes and practicing their High Frequency and CVC words.
- Classdojo: Our class uses classdojo to reinforce positive behavior and the Seven Habits in the classroom. Each week our students set a goal for the number of DOJO points they would like to earn for the week. If they make their goal by Friday they are rewarded with a prize. I also highly encourage parents to sign-up for ClassDOJO. Not only do you get to be involved in our classroom community it is also a fantastic way for parents to communicate with me whenever they need to.
- Thursday Folders: Thursday folders are sent home every Thursday. These folders contain important information from our school so, please be sure to check them every Thursday.
- Lunch is 12:06-12:36
- Encore Schedule 10:45-11:30:
- Monday-Viking Time
- Thursday-Gym--Please Wear Sneakers
- Friday-Media--Please remember to send back library books.